Safety Tip: December
Practice safety on and off the job during the holidays. This busy season is full of “things to do” lists for home and work. Hazardous travel, high expectations, crowded stores, dangerous decorations
- Examine holiday lights before hanging. Replace any missing or broken parts. Check by setting lights on a nonflammable surface and leave them plugged in for 10-15 minutes to see that the lights do not melt or smoke.
- Keep lights away from flammable materials.
- Make sure cords and plugs do not come into contact with water.
- To prevent overheating, pinching and fraying, do not run cords under carpet, rugs or behind furniture.
- Do not overload an extension cord.
- Unplug all lights before you leave the house or office or go to bed.
- Do not daisy chain.
- Do not block exits.
- Make a list and plan your time and money. Stick to it.
- Do not over commit. Take time to enjoy the season.
- Be grateful for what you have.
- Spread the true spirit of the season – giving.
- Seek the help of a professional when stress becomes unmanageable.