Safety Tip: May
Good hygiene helps prevent the spread of bacteria that can cause illnesses and makes you a more pleasant person with which to associate.
- Bathe or shower before each shift.
- Keep fingernails trimmed and clean.
- Wash your hands often.
- Keep perfume or cologne light. What is delightful to you may be offensive to others.
- Clean your living area.
- Clean your office.
- Wipe down your exercise mat at the gym.
- Launder bed linen weekly.
- Clean & Sanitize your bathing area.
- Wipe the outside of food and drink containers before opening.
- Keep your hair neat and shampooed.
- Keep facial hair neatly trimmed.
- Begin each shift with clean clothes.
- Clean jewelry regularly.
- Change gloves when you would normally wash your
hands,if you weren’t wearing gloves.
- Cover open sores with a bandage.
- Stay home when ill if possible