Safety Tip: October
The 3 opportunities to recognize hazards are:
- Before being exposed to the hazard which is the best time to identify a hazard.
- During exposure to a potential hazard.
- After exposure to the hazard (which could be either “Wow! I’m glad I didn’t get hurt” or “I just got hurt”).
The main goal is to find and control hazards prior to
- What am I about to do?
- What tools do I need to do this job?
- How will I do the job?
- How could I get hurt?
- What am I going to do to prevent myself or others from getting hurt?
Additional ways to Identify Hazards
- Work Permitting
- Safety Professionals
- Walk Through Audits
- Safety Systems Review
- Employee Suggestions
- Incident Analysis –
Think about how someone could be injured and how it could be prevented!